Friday, May 18, 2012

Day 37 - Rumor has it...

Day 37 – Friday, May 18th – Today I had my cell phone with me all day hoping for a call from our adoption contact. We had another great day – as everyday has been! We woke up late, my mom got her hair done, my cousin picked us up at Noon to meet at La Plaza de Andres to celebrate my Aunt’s birthday. (It is the same place we celebrated my other Aunt’s birthday a few weeks back.) It’s a cool place (much worth the visit if you are in Colombia). Today I had a salad for lunch with an Arepa Chocolo on the side (it’s a sweet corn patty with melted cheese on the inside – it almost tastes like a pancake.) After lunch we went to OMA for a tinto/coffee. We sat for a while and believe it or not, Sofia was soooo good even though we were out for over 5 ½ hours. She is truly an angel!!! Everyone adores her here in Colombia and I can’t wait to bring her home to meet everyone there. I am so lucky that this sweet little baby girl has come into my life. As a family, we are so lucky to have this option to adopt. And I know our decision to adopt from Colombia was truly the right decision. We have been blessed many times over!!!!

We finally caught a taxi at 5:45 and didn’t arrive home until almost 7:00pm. We really were only 70 blocks away, but the traffic was TERRIBLE! We got home to find Efrain waiting for us. He held Sofia and gave her a bottle, we Skyped daddy & Evan & Grandpa FarFar, and went to bed.

***Adoption Progress Rumor…  My friends from MN that are also adopting just got their “Sentencia” today. Tomorrow they are going to get the new birth certificate and finish up the rest of the process mid-next week. Unfortunately, Monday is another Holiday here so everything is closed. (Once again, that delays our process.)  But rumor has it that we are right behind them and should get a call by mid-week. Once that is done, the rush is on to get all the paperwork and doctor’s visit done so we can come home. Our tickets are for May 31st, but if we are done early… by all means… we will come home early!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment